Thursday, February 7, 2008

Photographer #4 - Barbara Bordnick

Background on photographer:
Barbara Bordnick grew up in Western Wurope and quickly rose to fame with her photo shoots for Harper's Bazaar magazine.

From her website portfolio:

Fashion - I enjoyed this 1960s- and 1970s-inspired group of images. Each photo shows Bordnick's sense of careless, beautiful style of the clothing and the models.

Portraits - These were fun to look at because each portrait is incredibly different than the others featured. Bordnick captured the essence of each person by angling and composing the photo so that the subject looks most interesting.

Nudes - I liked these photos because they showed a lot of musculoskeletal detail on various men and women. The shadows and lighting created a oily, silver gelatin finish.

Flowers - These were my favorite photos because I love bright-colored flowers! I liked how the flowers were pictured on a white background, and the flowers were featured very close-up.

Here is my favorite image:

1 comment:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

That blue....it's so...blue. A very good shot that one is.